Check out this gorgeous, old school 1985 Buick Riviera! These cars carry the sort of style and class that you just don’t see on the roads these days, and this one is particularly cool as it’s finished in double dark red with a matching landau top! It also boasts V8 power, rear air suspension, plush cloth upholstery, a sweep-style speedometer, air conditioning and more.
- The sixth-generation “E-Body” Buick Riviera was introduced as the first front wheel drive Buick in the brand’s history. It proved very popular compared to its previous generation and earned the title of Motor Trend Car of the Year in 1979.
- Power comes from a longitudinally mounted 5.0 liter V8, rated at approximately 140 horsepower and 255 lb-ft of torque. Output is directed to the front wheels through a 4 speed automatic transmission.
- Carfax history report contains several reporting gaps, though it indicated no accidents for the given time period.
- 74,600 original miles
- 15” steel wheels with wire covers
- Rear air suspension with auto leveling
- Landau top
- Cornering lights
- Cloth upholstery
- Simulated wood interior trim
- 6 way power adjustable driver’s seat
- Power adjustable passenger’s seat
- Rear defroster
- Air conditioning
- AM/FM/Cassette radio
- CB radio
- AC system converted to R134a refrigerant
- Aluminum radiator
- Tinted windows
Recent Service History:
- January 2023: New antenna motor installed, new high beam headlights installed and valve cover gaskets replaced
- May 2022: Battery and driver’s interior door handle replaced
- April 2022: Brake system flushed and bled
- January 2022: Engine oil and filter changed, set of four new tires installed and alignment performed
- December 2021: Engine accessory belts changed, radiator replaced, upper and lower cooling hoses changed, water pump and thermostat replaced
- August 2021: Exhaust downpipe gasket replaced
Other Items Included in Sale:
- 1 set of keys
- Owner’s manual
- Option code papers
- CB radio manual
- Some service documents
- Factory flashlight
- 2 extra OEM wheel covers
- 2 wheel cover keys
- Sunroof crank key
- I do know a bit of the backstory! Two of the prior owners were older gentlemen.
- The first owner bought it new and daily-drove it for the first few years. It got up to about 55K miles by 1992. After that, he stopped driving it so much and garaged it. Only drove it to about 67K miles before he passed in 2000. That’s where it was sold to the second owner.
- He put less than 4K miles on it in 20 years of ownership. The family said he loved the car but was already a little too old to be driving regularly by the time he bought it. He had it washed and waxed almost every month, despite it maybe not even getting taken out of the garage that month.
- The third owner bought the car in 2020 purely for the nostalgia of owning a car like his grandad owned. It was well cared for and maintained properly. He added approximately 3K miles to it in the 3 years he owned it.
For more information please contact Steve at 770-401-7877 or at firstname.lastname@example.org